8 Ways To Celebrate World Kindness Day
World Kindness Day is celebrated annually on Nov. 13. Celebrate this extraordinary day by spreading a little more kindness in the world. Here are some ideas:
- Do an anonymous act of goodwill. You can stick a quarter into a parking meter that is nearing expiration, move a large branch from the center of the sidewalk or pick up and place a fallen grocery store item on its shelf.
- Email your child’s teacher to thank them for all they do for your son or daughter.
- Volunteer or donate. If you have a favorite local non-profit, contact them to see how you can help out during these times.
- Pay it Forward. Tell the person in front of you at the coffee shop that it’s on you today.
- Thank a community worker. Have you told your mail carrier or food delivery driver how much you appreciate their hard work?
- Call a relative. Pick up the phone and let someone know how much they mean to you.
- Spread positivity on social media. Dedicate 24 hours of your social feeds to spreading positivity on social media through kind comments and uplifting posts.
- Do something special for your family. Remember: Charity begins at home. Have a family game night, bake a special dessert or spend time just listening to a loved one without judgement.