Since we’re sponsoring the 2017 Lakewood Chamber Chili Cook Off, we thought we would throw our chef’s hat into the ring and let everyone in on a secret- the ingredients to our favorite chili recipe! We can’t give away all of our secrets though, so we will leave the preparation methods up to you.
We call this “The Best Chili on Earth” for good reason. This hearty chili is the perfect thing to warm up a cold Pacific Northwest Day.
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey (for a lighter fare)
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 46 oz. can tomato juice
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. can kidney beans
- 16 oz. can pinto beans
If you want to add a little spice to it, 2 finely chopped jalapeno peppers can be added.
You can top this off with shredded cheese or sour cream, and this chili pairs great with some corn chips or bread as well.
We hope our chili brings a little warmth into the winter months for you.
Adapted from a recipe originally by Megan Porta from pipandebby.com, published Feb 15, 2012.