Configuring security alerts
Security alerts overview
Security alerts inform you immediately when a security-related event occurs. Some security alerts are required. In the list of security alerts, required alerts are dimmed. You can enable or disable optional security alerts. The available security alert types vary, depending on your account type.
When an enabled alert is triggered, we send a security alert message. Security alerts are always sent as secure messages, but you can add additional delivery methods. When a security alert is triggered, the alert is sent to all of the configured delivery methods.
You should not rely on email alerts alone, since email can be delayed or interrupted. Always use a second delivery method along with email for greater security.
Use the Alerts page to configure security alerts.
To enable or disable optional security alerts
- In the Menu, click or tap Settings > Alerts. The Alerts page appears .
- Click or tap Security Alerts. The list of available alerts appears.
- Do one of the following:
Note: For security reasons, some alerts are set by us.
- To enable an alert, click or tap On.
- To disable an alert, click or tap Off.
- On the Save Alert page, click or tap Close to return to the Alerts page.
To edit security alert delivery preferences
- In the Menu, click or tap Settings > Alerts. The Alerts page appears.
- Click or tap Security Alerts.
- Click or tap Edit Delivery Preferences. The Delivery Preferences page appears.
- Do at least one of the following:
- In the E-Mail Address field, enter the email address to receive security alerts.
- In the Phone Number area, select the destination from the Country drop-down list and enter the phone number and extension to call in the Area Code and Phone Number fields.
- In the SMS/Text Number area, select the destination country from the Country drop-down list, and enter the phone number to send the message to in the Area Code and Phone Number fields.
- On the Delivery Preferences page, click or tap Save. A success message appears.