FAQ: Updating your username
Why do you recommend I change my Login ID?
Creating a personalized Login ID provides additional security to the online and mobile banking experience. It is a security best practice to avoid incorporating any sensitive information in your Login ID (including social security numbers).
What are the Login ID requirements?
- At least 7 characters long
- No more than 20 characters long
- Cannot be a Login ID in use by another member
For your security, Login ID’s containing sensitive information (member number, social security number, etc.) are strongly discouraged
Are special characters allowed in my Login ID?
Yes, you can use special characters with the exception of:
Can you change it for me?
We’re happy to guide you through the process, however for security purposes, we cannot perform the actions on your behalf.
How do I change my Login ID?
In the menu, select Settings > Security Preferences > Change Login ID. Type your desired New Login ID and select Save New Login ID.
Are security alerts or notifications available when my Login ID is changed?
Absolutely! An alert will be sent by email from Notifications@twinstarcu.com with the subject line Security Alert Notification: Login ID Changed
To ensure delivery of the notification a secure message is also sent to the Messages area within online/mobile banking.
What do I do if I forget my Login ID?
We are happy to help:
- Use our Login ID recovery tool any time by clicking here.
- Visit any of our TwinStar branch locations with current non-expired photo ID
- 800.258.3115 option 3
- M-F 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, Sat 9:30 am to 2:00 pm excluding holidays
Troubleshooting saved passwords or AutoCompleted items after changing Login ID
If you have your browser set to remember your TwinStar Credit Union Login ID and/or password you will need to update it to your newly created custom Login ID.
- Google Chrome Support article
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer 11 Microsoft Support article
- Internet Explorer 10 Microsoft Support article
- Mozilla Firefox Support article