Fraud or dispute
When you see unrecognized charges to your account it is important to first identify the source. In order to expedite your request, please use the guide below to help you determine if your case is fraud or a dispute.
What is a fraudulent transaction?
- Is not recognized
- Did not participate in or authorize
- Did not benefit or expect to receive benefit from the transaction
Please report these types of transactions to TwinStar Credit Union within 48 hours of when you discovered the loss to ensure maximum recovery of funds.
When we’re open:
- Contact us at 1-800-258-3115. We will block your card, report any unauthorized transactions, open a claim with our fraud department for recovery of funds, and work on getting you a replacement card.
- Visit any of our TwinStar Credit Union Branches. We can report any unauthorized transactions, open a claim with our fraud department for recovery of funds, and print you a new card on the spot.
When we’re closed:
- Call 1-866-272-4481 to have your card blocked immediately and prevent future authorizations.
- Contact us during business hours so we can help with additional steps, like reporting any unauthorized transactions and opening a claim with our fraud department for recovery of funds (or)
- Print, sign and return the cardholder’s fraud forms. Download a copy here
TwinStar Credit Union
Attn: Operations Department
Po Box 718
Olympia, WA 98507
Contact us during business hours so we can work on getting you a replacement card, or stop into any of our TwinStar Credit Union branches so we can print you one on the spot.
What is a card dispute?
A card dispute occurs when you have completed a debit or credit card transaction, but something went wrong. Examples of this include:
- Duplicate posting of a transaction
- Incorrect transaction amount
- Canceled services, still charged
- Merchandise/Services not received
- Didn’t receive credit
- Quality of Goods/Services
How do I dispute a card transaction?
- Call us at 1-800-258-3115. A Contact Center Representative will start the claim process and gather important details.
- Come into any TwinStar Credit Union branch to complete paperwork.
- Complete and return the cardholder dispute form. Download a copy here
Last updated on February 08, 2021.