TwinStar Community Foundation awards Classroom Cash to educators yearly for classroom enhancements.
TwinStar Credit Union began 80+ years ago as the Thurston County Teachers Credit Union. Our name changed, but our support for teachers and education is still going strong. We realize teachers and educators have out-of-pocket expenses for their classes and we want to help offset the costs. The funds help pay for classroom enhancements such as calculators, software, books, musical instruments, field trips and more! Approximately $125-$200 are awarded to each Classroom Cash recipient and distributed in TwinStar Credit Union’s service area from Tacoma to Portland.
Applications are accepted between September 1st and October 31st via our website. Recipients are notified by December 31st.
New for 2020
To maintain funding levels in making a difference for students, the 2020-2021 Classroom Cash program will be limited to teachers teaching K- 5th grade.
- Must be a permanent teacher or counselor for K-5th grade.
- Only TwinStar Credit Union members are eligible.
- Please provide an estimate for the expenses in your application.
- Describe your plans for the grant.
- Complete all contact information on the application.
- Keep a copy of the application for your records.
- Submit application no later than October 31.