What does TwinStar Credit Union do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- account balances and payment history
- credit history and credit scores
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons TwinStar Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does TwinStar Credit Union share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes— such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal Investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes— to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your creditworthiness||No||We don’t share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
To limit our sharing:
- Call 800.258.3115 – our menu will prompt you through your choice(s) or
- Visit us online: https//www.twinstarcu.com/privacy-policy
- If you are a new member, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice.
- When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
- However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Questions? Contact us by calling 800.258.3115, send us an email at email@example.com, or write to us at TwinStar Credit Union, PO Box 718, Olympia, WA 98507-0718.
Who we are
Who is providing this notice? TwinStar Credit Union
What we do
How does TwinStar Credit Union protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards, secured files and buildings.
How does TwinStar Credit Union collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or deposit money
- pay your bills or apply for a loan
- use your credit or debit card
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Our affiliates include companies providing data processing, auditing, compliance and financial services.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Non-affiliates may receive private information about you if the information is necessary to perform a service on your account. You cannot opt out of sharing for that information.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- We jointly market credit insurance products providing payment protection for loan accounts you have at TwinStar Credit Union.
Other important information