The Great Kindness Challenge
Every year, Yelm Community Schools elementary students participate in the Great Kindness Challenge, a worldwide movement that encourages students to create a culture of kindness at school, in their communities, and beyond.
This year, the Great Kindness Challenge is January 22 to 26. During that week, students at YCS elementary schools will embrace and emulate kindness through a variety of different projects at their schools.
As a Yelm Community Schools Kindness Certified Business, we invite our members – especially those in who live in YCS district area – to participate in the Great Kindness Challenge. Both of our Yelm branches will be participating in various ways.
Here are some ways that you can help create to a culture of kindness:
- Embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, commonly known as DEI
- Communicate with others using respect and kind words
- Celebrate and honor those around you
- Support your local community
- Volunteer for at least one community service project this year
Thank you for being a valued member of the TwinStar community. Your support makes it possible for us to make a difference in our local schools and communities.